Friday, July 23, 2010

A is for Ass, not Appreciation.

I wanted to post today about our fake marriage counseling to save a buck, but alas, I think I'll skip that and say a huge shout of "Kiss my muthafuckin' ass!"

I get it. He works 16 hour days. He likes to do this because then the overtime is huge and the paychecks are huge, blah blah blah, especially after being unemployed for a year. But ya know, not.my.fault. So I do what I can here, with four kids and five dogs, which includes vacuuming the hardwood floors daily, and making sure that not only his dinner is hot and delicious and varied each night, but also that I re-brush my hair and teeth before he gets here so it's great to come home.

He was so tired that on the way home, he called me to make sure he stayed awake. During that call, my mom called and since she currently has two of my four heathens, I told him I'd call right back, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay there. He said, "Hopefully I won't fall asleep and land in a ditch." Mom says they're coming back tomorrow, and I call The Man right back -- a total lapsed time of maybe 3 minutes max.

No answer.

Over the course of the next 15 minutes, I call repeatedly, leaving "You're worrying me! Answer the damn phone!" kind of messages, and then out my kitchen window, I see the big red monster truck coming up the road. I met him in our room and said, "You knew I was calling you back. Why didn't you answer so I didn't think you were in a g'damn ditch?!?"

He said, "The ringer was off."

Ooooooooooooooooh okay. Ass. I go back to the kitchen to finish dinner. Then I get snide remarks "said in jest" because guess what? Today when I went to pay a chunk of money down on the wedding rings, I flippin' upgraded from a 3/4 carat to a full carat. Snide comment away -- my diamond will be amazing regardless.

Then the lemon pepper chicken had too much lemon pepper on it.

Then he jumped me about "overfilling" the leftovers of last night in his lunch. Are you kidding me? I pack you a lunch the night before and you're going to bitch at me?? I said, "You know, I'm under the impression that when you become full, just stop eating. No one says you have to eat everything I put in there, but I never know which days you won't want much, or will want more."

In Boops world, this translates into: I don't give a shit how bad your day was, I will never pre-pack your lunch again. Ever.

And I'm a stubborn bitch. I really won't.

Then he went to shower and to bed. I sweat and cook for an hour, he eats for 5 minutes, complains about tonight's dinner, complains about his overpacked lunch, and then up and left.

But ya know, that's okay, because my Happy Place has this monster gorgeous diamond that shines bigger and brighter than the ass that is he.

4 comments:

  1. Dude. If someone was cooking my meals and vacuuming my floors they'd be getting daily sexin's, not complaints. You can come marry me anytime! (Although, full disclosure, I probably couldn't afford a plain gold band right now, let alone a 1 carat diamond.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D is for Douchebag, honey.
    Here's my take: he was intentionally being a buttmunch. No one force-fed him lunch unless he has a very different type of job from what I imagine. Lemon pepper chicken is SUPPOSED to taste like that. Last but not least, no being a big fat drama queen about swerving into a ditch if you're going to be PassiveAggressivePete and turn off the ringer.
    Quelle manipulative.
    We shall assume he was having an off night and does not act like this regularly a la the time my husband glanced up from the computer to find me in only his t-shirt and when I began to rub his shoulders he remarked, The dog needs to go out. You should put on some clothes.
    GRRRRR.

    Pic of ring, please? Mine is nowhere near a carat but I love it with an almost irrational compulsion lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, what a PITA to keep this non-related to the real me. I have to sign out of email to sign back in with this account or I'll accidently respond with my real name and photo. Ugh! But worth it, I think.

    Lora: As Sweet 16 (2nd daughter -- I need to assign nicknames for here) says it, "When it's good, it's fantastic, and when it's bad, it's Biblical." That about sums it up.

    I'll post a pic of the ring here next, but the only photo I have is of the 3/4 carat. It's the same, only now the solitaire is MUCH bigger. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interestingly enough, we didn't speak at all last night after dinner (shocking, I know). When he left for work at 3am, he didn't give me the usual sleepy-goodbye-kisses. And normally, we keep the A/C on at 75 but bump it down to 74 at night. This morning when I got up at 8am, I noticed it was already warm in the house. Oh look, someone changed it to 78*.

    Usually my phone is going off constantly throughout the day with a gazillion text messages from him. Today has been 100% silence -- blissfully. However, the entire A/C thing takes passive aggressive to a whole new level.

    And we start fake counseling in two days! Oh yeah, that should go well. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete